I saw something on The Today Show this morning that I want to do. There were about 30 people who had small posters of pictures of children who are suffering from a disease. I didn't hear exactly what it was, but later after the Today Show has video available on the website I will edit this with the kind of disease it is. The talent didn't really speak clearly regarding the name of it.. or I just couldn't hear very well.. sorry.
I thought to myself.. "why don't parents, friends, supporters, grandparents and family members of children with Neuroblastoma go down there one day and do this"? "better yet, why not do this for like 2 days in a row to really get some attention to Neuroblastoma?" Financially 1 day is more feasible. This would bring a lot of attention to Neuroblastoma and childhood cancer in general. I am a parent of a child who had Neuroblastoma and I should be doing this. New York is only 6 hours away from me and I am sure I could recruit people do do this with me. This is actually something I mentioned either in a past blog asked Kezia to post it on Facebook last month.. This is a great idea and I want to do it. It has also been suggested to find a few more local places to do this.. Great idea and I will search.. You are all awesome.
This is what we would need.
1. A cheap, or better yet Free place to stay for those who go from outside NYC
2. Photos printed 11x17 (or similar to that size)
3. Poster board
4. Parents, friends, supporters, family members, grandparents who want to attend. (we would have to get there super early to get prime spots) If someone can't attend due to finances, work, treatments, etc then we can find someone to hold the photo of the child.
5. A date set to do this
6. A set meeting place the morning (s) we do this
7. A mission. A spokesperson has to carry a sign mentioning a fund we will support (which has to be decided before we go)
Thoughts from people who read my blog?