Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Picking for Kids Cancer© ™

We had a great time yesterday with my Mom and Dad. We went out to their property at Lake Carolle, IL and camped (in a camper) and then spent the day driving over to Le Claire, IA to visit Antique Archaeology (only an hour from my parents) (the tv show American Pickers). My mom has been having heart trouble (getting better) so I wanted to go see her. Anyway, Danielle who is also on the show with Mike and Frank opened a new resale shop with stuff she picks and also sells (she designs dresses - awesome dresses). Her shop is called "4Miles 2 Memphis". Her mom Sue runs it and Sue is wonderful. Well, this is the beginning of the story of yesterday. My mom was wearing her "Saoirse Pendent" and Sue noticed it and commented on it. My mom told Sue about Kezia and I's story (grammar is bad there i think - hey, its allowed :)). Well, turns out that Danielle's dad (Sue's Husband) has cancer, a leukemia. I was telling Sue about our story and how we struggled with money, and still are, while treating 2 family members with cancer. I was telling her about our foundation Fitzgerald Cancer Fund and how we are now raising money for Childhood cancer and families.

Sue did the most wonderful and unexpected thing,, she started giving us some really cool stuff to auction off on our site. Including a hand autographed photo that Danielle's dad took of her. We are going to auction that off for her mom and dad. The rest of the awesome stuff we are going to auction off for our foundation to help children with cancer. We were so touched. I can't wait to get home and take photos of the stuff (tshirts, signed posters, etc.. ) and get the auction kicked off. It would be great if Mike or Frank over at Antique could donate something small that was actually picked on the show. :)

Anyway, spending the time with my parents was great. They really enjoyed going there too and were excited for the foundation to have such wonderful stuff to auction off. They are incredibly supportive of us and the foundation.



5 comments:

  1. Amazing!!! I love that you can autction such cool stuff and I'm just so excited that everywhere you guys go you are changing lives. Good luck with your auctions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this auction such good stuff. it is very well for spend time with your family. Sue did the most wonderful and unexpected thing. it is good for changing our life style.

    Lyme disease treatment

    ReplyDelete